Close Menu
Blazer News Times
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Blazer News Times
    Monday, August 17 Subscribe
    • News
    • Business
    • Health
    • Education
    • Science & Innovation
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Environment
    • International
    • More
      • Faith
      • Special Reports
      • Opinion
      • Archives
    Blazer News Times
    Home » Islamic State-linked rebels kill 89 civilians in east Congo attacks, UN force says
    International News

    Islamic State-linked rebels kill 89 civilians in east Congo attacks, UN force says

    Blazer News Times ReporterBy Blazer News Times ReporterNovember 21, 2025

    By Reuters. Friday Nov, 21, 2025.

    KINSHASA, Nov 21 (Reuters) – Islamic State-linked rebels have killed 89 civilians in multiple attacks in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo’s Lubero territory, the U.N. peacekeeping mission in the Central African country, known as MONUSCO, said on Friday.

    The attacks were carried out by fighters from the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) in several localities of North Kivu province between November 13 and November 19, and the 89 killed included at least 20 women and an undetermined number of children, MONUSCO said in a statement.

    In one of the attacks, it said, the rebels attacked a health centre operated by the Catholic Church in Byambwe, killing at least 17 people including women who had gone there to receive maternity care and setting alight four wards housing patients.

    Other violations committed by the rebels included abductions and the looting of medical supplies, it said.

    “MONUSCO urges the Congolese authorities to promptly initiate independent and credible investigations to identify the perpetrators and accomplices of these massacres and bring them to justice,” the statement said.

    Local officials told Reuters last month that suspected ADF rebels had killed 19 civilians in an overnight attack in the village of Mukondo in North Kivu province.

    In September, the ADF claimed responsibility for one of its deadliest attacks in recent months that claimed the lives of more than 60 civilians at a funeral in eastern Congo.

    The ADF started as a rebel force in Uganda but has been based in the forests of neighbouring Congo since the late 1990s, and is recognised by Islamic State as an affiliate.

    Congo’s army and Ugandan forces have pursued operations against the ADF, but the group’s attacks continue.

    Other parts of North Kivu province are under the control of Rwanda-backed M23 rebels who staged a lightning advance this year.

    Mediators including the United States and Qatar are trying to broker peace in that conflict, which Washington hopes will facilitate Western investments in the mining sector.

    Headlines
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email
    Previous ArticleExclusive: Revolutionary Prison Warder Ampe Should Not Be Hounded Out- Security Experts.
    Next Article Mzee Kintu Musoke Wants His Grave Marked with UJA History.
    Blazer News Times Reporter
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Exclusive: Hard hit and Tired, NRM Moves to Oust the Uganda Law Society President Ssemakadde.

    August 6, 2026

    Exclusive: How Capital FM Sale Out to NBS, Next Media Left Several Staff Jobless.

    August 6, 2026

    Untold Story: Inside Leaked Lawyer’s Hatched Plan to Issue Judge Baguma with Certificate of Incompetence.

    July 31, 2026

    Exclusive: How DP Boss Gerald Siranda Henchmen Caught Up in Unlawful Human Trafficking Deal Using Forged Documents.

    July 31, 2026

    Opinion-Investigating Colonial State Massacres: Archival Violence, Administrative Coercion, and the Hidden Anatomy of Empire.

    July 31, 2026

    Journalists Protests the Judiciary Ban on the Use of Phones and Filming Besigye’s Court Proceedings, Calls them illegal.

    July 30, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Blazer News Times
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
    • About Us
    • Advertise with us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    © 2026 Blazer News Times. Designed by Index Hosting .

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.