Close Menu
Blazer News Times
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Blazer News Times
    Monday, August 17 Subscribe
    • News
    • Business
    • Health
    • Education
    • Science & Innovation
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Environment
    • International
    • More
      • Faith
      • Special Reports
      • Opinion
      • Archives
    Blazer News Times
    Home » Minister Minsa Kabanda Opponents Reject Her Kampala Central MP Win, Vow to Challenge It.
    Current Affairs

    Minister Minsa Kabanda Opponents Reject Her Kampala Central MP Win, Vow to Challenge It.

    Blazer News Times ReporterBy Blazer News Times ReporterJanuary 19, 2026

    The ruling NRM party Kampala central division MP elect Hajjat Minsa Nabbengo Kabanda’s victory has met sharp criticisms from her opponents who accuse her of having deployed electoral fraud to be declared winner for the MP seat in the January 15, 2026 polls, replacing independent candidate Muhammed Nsereko who did not seek reelection.

    Kabanda also a minister for Kampala Metropolitan Affairs was declared winner by the Kampala district Electoral Commission Returning Officer Rashid Kasakya on Friday 16th January, 2026, with 22,332, against her main challenger of NUP party David Lewis Rubongoya with 18,242.

    Fifteen candidates had altogether been attracted in the race including among others; Ivan Lwanga (independent), Abraham Luzzi (independent), Agaba Muzoora ANT and Moses Muhangi (independent).

    At around 9 pm, the vote tally was complete and Kabanda was declared the winner amid protest from her challengers who claimed there was alteration of the results. Before that, she was trailing Rubongoya who was in an early lead.

    It had first paused when Rubongoya protested results from the Summit View Nakasero, State House Polling Station next to All Saints Church and Kisenyi 1 parish Polling Stations, claiming they had been altered.

    Rubongoya insisted that in Kisenyi I, violent gangs took over polling stations and eventually embarked on ticking votes for NRM with impunity. He claimed that NUP agents were assaulted and chased from polling stations before he could accuse the security personnel and the Electoral Commission of connivance to suppress his win.

    “Despite winning comfortably in 17 parishes out of 20, they are hell-bent on announcing the very unpopular, incompetent NRM candidate just to prove a point that they’re in charge”. Rubongoya stated.

    Ivan Lwanga, another candidate protested Kabanda’s victory, saying her declaration never reflected the will of people.

    According to Lwanga, the opposition candidate was leading at many Polling Stations in Kampala central such as Kamwokya, wondering how the results changed.

    Lwanga vowed to challenge the same election to Court which he said had far reaching implications on the voting pattern. “Voters will reach a time when they don’t vote any more” He said.

    Lwanga challenged EC to attach value on the peoples’ voice through their cast vote, noting it was not honored. “Why didn’t the BVVK work” He questioned.

    Lwanga warned of possible increase of voter apathy as a result of the said mal practices if nothing changes. “EC says Kampala Central has 120 000 voters. About 18 000 voted, where is the remaining 80,000 voters?”

    Trending
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email
    Previous ArticleExclusive: Why Government Employee Vehicles Withdrawn a Head of Elections.
    Next Article Museveni Declared the 2026 Election Winner Amid Protest from His Opponents.
    Blazer News Times Reporter
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Exclusive: How Capital FM Sale Out to NBS, Next Media Left Several Staff Jobless.

    August 6, 2026

    Untold Story: Inside Leaked Lawyer’s Hatched Plan to Issue Judge Baguma with Certificate of Incompetence.

    July 31, 2026

    NRM Party Big Shots Clash Over the Ongoing Abductions as Katuntu Calls them Bullshit.

    July 27, 2026

    Exclusive: Trouble to Trouble as the PFF MPS Switch Allegiance from Jailed Kiiza Besigye’s Political Party.

    July 24, 2026

    Exclusive: Exiled Ex MP Ssemujju is Secretly Negotiating for His Return, Wants the State to Back Off Him.

    July 20, 2026

    Exclusive: The Common Man’s Lusaniya Party Offices Closes Down Amid Leadership Division from the Disputed Financial Share Claims.

    June 30, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Blazer News Times
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
    • About Us
    • Advertise with us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    © 2026 Blazer News Times. Designed by Index Hosting .

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.